Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Cat Lady Chic

 
 
E here, its been awhile since my last post. Unfortunately, life has been somewhat hectic for me lately. My New Year's resolution was to be a better blogger, and I'm really trying! Ironically, the title of this post is Cat Lady Chic, and believe me I've felt like a bit of one lately!
 
 
[Taken at Toulouse Petit; crawfish, shrimp, and Andouille sausage over creamy grits, with scrambled eggs.]
 
In addition to blogging about my outfits and thrifting adventures, I'm going to start posting pictures of food. I don't know about you, but I'm a serious foodie. I have a very diverse palette and love trying new things. Pictured above is one of the best breakfasts in town. If you're ever in Seattle make sure to stop by this place, I guarantee you won't be disappointed! I've been to New Orleans twice and I think that this restaurant does a great job of capturing the creole flavor of Louisiana. My recommendation - order anything with crawfish in it!
 
 
Thrifted items; trench coat: Gap $20 (Crossroads Trading Co.,) wedge flats: Aldo $12.99 (Goodwill.) Non-thrifted items; cat sweater: Love By Design $10 (Fred Meyer,) sheer blouse: Forever 21, jeans: JCPenny's $25, vintage necklace: gifted. 
 
 
The interesting thing about this outfit is that these shoes are probably the most expensive pair that I've ever thrifted that aren't designer. In the same shopping trip that I got these shoes I bought; Marc Jacobs heels, Coach loafers, Tahari and Sperry Top Sider flats, all of which retail for more than Aldo. [I'll be posting the details of the thrift haul that these shoes came from soon.] But that's the funny thing about thrifting, sometimes items are under or overpriced.
 
 
Ultimately I made the right decision in purchasing these shoes because they are a great style staple for any closet. Just like having a little black dress, black shoes go with just about anything from jeans and a tee, to a flirty blouse and skirt. Also, pointy shoes such as these dress up any outfit and make you look chic. Whether its jeans or a skirt, you can make any outfit classy and sophisticated. All it takes is a few extra touches to give any outfit that extra oomph. Take my necklace for example, it was given to me by a friend who found it at a flea market. Besides adding a pop of color to the outfit, it also gives it a retro feel. Remember, it doesn't take much to look like a million bucks, so see what you have laying around that you could use to boost an outfit.
 
 
Well that's all for today. More posts coming soon. Happy thrifting!
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment