Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Camouflage & Lace

 
 
E here, another beautiful sunny day in Seattle. It's still quite cold so layering is key. I talk about layering and mixing prints/textures pretty often, so today's outfit is a good example of both. Most people that live in the Northwest tend to throw on a North Face or Columbia jacket, but I tire of wearing the same thing all the time. When creating a layered look its important to try and put outfits together that will keep you warm and look stylish at the same time. Here, I threw on a cardigan on top of layered tanks to keep from getting chilly. This time of year it can still be fairly cold, especially near the water, but if it's sunny you can get away with not wearing a jacket.
 
 
In a city like Seattle you tend to see graffiti and mural art plastered all over buildings, (in this case a bridge,) but this section really stood out to me. I thought the nerds thing was kind of funny. A lot of times you walk by a wall covered in graffiti and you think nothing of it, but I thought that it would make a great contrast against the picturesque views of the Ballard Locks. Below are some shots I took of the railroad bridge with the ocean behind it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My friend Sara was the photographer for this shoot. You may recognize her as one of the blondes from the blog The Blonde Squad. If you haven't already checked out her blog, please take some time to view it. She has a lot of great DIY projects, as well as great outfits!
 
 
Thrifted items; lace tank: Old Navy $4.99 (Goodwill,) booties: Sam Edelman $20 (Goodwill.) Non-thrifted items; camouflage cardigan: Unionbay $15 (Fred Meyer,) jeans: Levi's $25 (Macy's,) monogram necklace: Nordstrom Rack $5.99.
 
 
 
Monogram necklaces have been all the rage lately on other fashion blogs and Instagram. I realize that I'm a little late on this trend, but better late than never right?! After all, a monogrammed necklace is a fun way to personalize any outfit. As you may have noticed, the letter E was all sold out so I had to settle for L instead. But that's ok, I look at it two ways; the L can either represent Lizi, or Logan (for my husband.) If you're interested in picking up a monogram necklace for yourself you can most likely find one at Forever 21, Nordstrom Rack, or on internet shops like BaubleBar. Thanks for stopping by. New thrift posts coming soon. Happy thrifting!
-E 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment