Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It's All In The Details: The Cat's Meow

 
 
 
 
 
E here, I find that when it comes to creating a great ensemble, it's all in the details. When I look at outfits that other people put together I'm always curious to see what sort of accessories they choose. For this outfit I decided to pick a theme, can you guess what it is?
 
 
Okay, I know what you're thinking....is that an animal brooch? Well for the record, who says that brooches are just for old ladies? I think that like other types of jewelry, brooches add just as much, if not more personality and a certain glitz factor to an ensemble. I realize that when most people picture a brooch they imagine someone like their grandma wearing some garish looking brooch. However, if one is willing to have an open mind on the subject, brooches can serve as a fun and playful way to make a bold statement.
 
 
Thrifted items; corduroy blazer: Banana Republic $9.99 (Goodwill,) brown sweater: Sisters $7.99 (Value Village,) leopard print tank: Rock & Republic $9.99 (Crossroads Trading Co.,) belt: $3.99 (Value Village.) *I picked up the brooch and necklace along with some other items of jewelry at an estate sale for about $10 for the whole lot. Non-thrifted items; skirt: Wallflower $10 (Fred Meyer,) riding boots: Bandolino $99 (DSW.)
 
 
I think that in this case, the brooch in combination with the leopard necklace that I'm wearing truly compliments the "jungle fever" theme of my outfit. Well that's all I have for today. Please stop by again soon. Remember, don't be afraid to mix up your wardrobe and reinvent your style. Dare to be different. Happy thrifting! See you next time!
-E


No comments:

Post a Comment