Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lions, Tigers, & Bears Oh My!

 
 
 
E here, like most Seattleites I took advantage of today's gorgeous spring weather. Since it was such a beautiful day I decided to go to the zoo with friends. For today's outfit I shed some layers and went for a casual comfortable look with playful animal accessories.
 
 
Thrifted items; sweater: Ann Taylor Loft $7.99 (Goodwill,) purse: $5.99 (Goodwill.) Non-thrifted items; fedora: Wet Seal $9.99, tank: Ana $5.97 (JCPenny's,) jeans: Levis $25 (Macy's,) boots: Pink & Pepper $30 (Fred Meyer,) *sunglasses: Ray Bans [gifted.]
 
 
For today, I thought that it was only fitting that I wear animal jewelry! I don't know about you, but I have a lot of jewelry that I've collected over the years from thrift stores, estate sales, clearance racks, or that I've simply inherited from others. I will admit that sometimes I am guilty of buying into the latest trend/fad, [haven't we all at some point in our lives?] but when it comes to jewelry its different.
  Personally, I prefer more unique eclectic pieces that have character, and say something about your personality and style. I found the jaguar necklace at an estate sale and nabbed it with a couple of other great pieces for about $10 total. As for the two finger snake ring, I picked it up at Fuego[perhaps my favorite store at the mall] for pretty cheap.
 
 
 
 Speaking of stores at the mall, I picked up this stylish fedora at Wet Seal for $9.99. I don't really shop at the mall much these days, but when I do I have a knack for finding great deals. Whether I'm shopping at the mall, or thrifting, I get great pleasure out of finding a good deal!
 
 
As for the boots, I thought they would be perfect for this outfit because they have sort of a rugged, safari vibe to them. I guess you could say that this is my version of the traditional "safari outfit [everything minus the khaki's.] Well enough about me, scroll down to see some of my favorite shots from today. Lucky for me, it was such a beautiful day that I was able to snap some very picturesque shots of the animals soaking up the sun.
 
 
Even the bear was sunning himself! With this kind of weather can you blame him?
 
 
Elephants are such beautiful and majestic animals, not to mention they are incredibly smart.
 
 
A real life hungry hippo! [Sorry but I just couldn't help it!]
 
 
Isn't it just exquisite?  Peacocks are so beautiful and mesmerizing. They almost seem unreal because they're so colorful.
 
 
 
Personally, the penguin exhibit is one of my favorites. Who doesn't love cute little penguins?!
 
 
 
One of the highlights of the day was this great Kodak moment. My friend snapped this picture right as the penguin happened to look up. Talk about good timing! Well I hope you enjoyed all of today's pictures. See you next time!
-E
 

No comments:

Post a Comment