Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Collegiate Issue: Color Me Spring

 
 
E here, I don't know about you but I'm excited for spring. Now that the weather is warming up, there are so many fun, playful ensemble combinations that you can put together. Today's shots were taken in "the Quad" at the beautiful University of Washington campus where I attended college. The Quad is an especially popular place to take photos this time of year because of the famous Sakura blossoms that bloom every spring.
 

 
 
I was feeling extra preppy today so I pulled my tweed jacket out of the closet. I think that tweed is a classic style staple for any fashionista. What I love about tweed is that it is so timeless, and effortlessly chic. If paired with the right pieces, it can look very modern and even cutting edge.
 
 
 For instance, the pleather detailing and the cross body zipper put a twist on the classic tweed archetype. I picked up this lovely Gap jacket at Crossroads Trading Co. during a trade. That's what I love about thrifting/consigning, you never know what sort of hidden gems you might discover!
 


Thrifted items; tweed jacket: Gap $20 (Crossroads Trading Co,) grey skirt: JCrew $5.99 (Goodwill,) boots: Deena & Ozzy $7.99 (Goodwill.) Non-thrifted items; sunglasses: Sperry Top Sider $30 (Nordstrom Rack,) monogram necklace: $4.97 (Nordstrom Rack.) *Polka dot blouse: gifted.
 

Yes, I went for a preppy school girl inspired look! Rather ironically, I did attend private Catholic school from 5th-12th grade, but I never had to wear a uniform! Perhaps that's why I've always had an inclination to create my own version of the look. While the centerpiece of this look was the tweed jacket, I thought that mixing it with the flirty polka dot print would make the outfit seem more fun and youthful. To polish off the look, I paired black tights and heeled lace up boots with charming accessories to add a more grown up, sexy flair to the outfit. That's it for today's edition.
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment