Friday, March 21, 2014

Viva Las Vegas - Day Four: An LBD Is Always In Style [Pt. 2]

 
 
[Me and my handsome hubby at the "One" Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil show]
 
 
E here, we've reached the final segment of my vacation fashion series. I hope you've enjoyed the journey with me, its been a lot of fun. I don't know about you, but I like to play dress up once and a while. I have so many great dresses that never see the light of day, so it was exonerating to finally get to wear them. I realize that it might not be a big deal to dress up for most people, but it is for me. I've always felt that I was born in the wrong era. People simply don't dress up like they used to anymore. I mean its perfectly acceptable to just walk around in pajamas and yoga pants these days. Don't get me wrong, I own several pairs of yoga pants, its just that I only see those as fit for wearing when you are exercising. Call me old fashioned I guess!
 
 
Well one thing that will definitely never go out of style is a little black dress. A LBD is perfect for any occasion, and looks great on virtually every body type. Besides looking a little more regal, the good ole LBD is a great go-to option when you just can't make up your mind. Black is so easy to wear, and is an easy, effortless way to look put together. [Which is why I always pack one or two when I go on vacation just in case.]
 
 
Thrifted items; blazer: Express $6.99 (Value Village,) black wedges: Aldo $12.99 (Goodwill.) Non-thrifted items; black dress: London Style $20 (Fred Meyer.)
 
 
These iconic loafers once belonged to the king of pop himself; Michael Jackson. Amazing right? I mean who would have thought to bedazzle socks with rhinestones? I have to say though, my favorite MJ look is that badass red leather jacket that he wore in the thriller music video. After all, who wouldn't feel BAD in a jacket like that? As for the show, it was out of this world! I won't give away any spoilers, but the show was incredible and I highly recommend it. Well that's it for my trip, thanks for coming along for the ride. I think that everyone needs an escape from their life once and a while! Until next time.
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment