Saturday, March 8, 2014

Viva Las Vegas - Day One: An Evening In Paris

 
[This photo was taken at the Paris hotel in Las Vegas.]
 
E here, as promised in my last post, I will be detailing my recent vacation to Las Vegas. But first, per the recommendation of a friend, I'm going to provide some quick, easy tips on how to successfully plan outfits for a trip. Planning what outfits to bring on vacation can be time consuming, and even stressful. I don't know about you, but I need plenty of time in advance to pack for a trip! In order to prepare for a vacation, I rely on three easy rules when packing; 1) comfort, 2) quality, and 3) quantity. When it comes to comfort, I try to only pick items that I deem to be "essential" i.e. -can't live without. In terms of quality, I pack items of good quality that I know I will get maximum use value out of for an extended period of time. Finally, when it comes to quantity, I rely on the last two standards as a guideline for choosing the number of particular items to pack.


 
 As a seasoned traveler, I only travel with one carry on suitcase, therefore it's really important that I pack items with quality and quantity in mind. For example, the blazer that I'm wearing in this photo meets all of my guidelines. It's comfortable and extremely versatile when it comes to planning outfits, and is also lightweight and easy to pack.
 
 
 On this particular trip I wore the blazer a lot. Since it's black it matches just about everything, and provides that extra touch of polish to an outfit. The amazing thing about this outfit (shoes and accessories included) is that it was all under $40. [Everything except for the dress was thrifted.] As I've said before, you don't have to spend a lot of money to look like a million bucks! Its as simple as throwing on your favorite LBD (little black dress) with some chunky jewelry, and other fun accessories.
 

 
Thrifted items; blazer: Express $6.99 (Value Village,) wedges: Aldo $12.99 (Goodwill,) clutch $3.99 (Goodwill.) Non-thrifted items; dress: Maggy London $24.99 (TJ Maxx.)
 
 


Isn't the view spectacular? By far one of the best views I've had at dinner in a long time! Not only does the Eiffel Tower restaurant at the Paris hotel offer a great view, but it also provides guests with an authentic French dining experience.
 
 
 
 
 In case you're wondering, the food was just as good as the view! I had the mackerel and it was exquisite. Back to the view, we had front seats for the fountain show at the Bellagio hotel across the way. [Pictured below]
 
 
Not a bad way to kick off a fun, relaxing week-long vacation if I don't say so myself. If you happen to find yourself in Vegas with a few extra dollars to spend, I highly recommend you pay a visit to the Eiffel Tower restaurant. Well that's all for today, check back soon for more details on the trip, and how I spent my time. Happy Saturday!
-E

 

No comments:

Post a Comment