Thursday, May 22, 2014

Modern Day Retro Flair


E here, I don't know about you, but I've been spending a lot of time outside lately. The weather has been so beautiful that I decided to throw on a floppy hat and a darling sundress that I picked up at Goodwill recently. I wanted to wear something fun and flirty now that dress season is finally here.


What drew me to the dress was the retro charm. Its such a fun, lively print with its bold colors and retro inspired print.


 I feel as though I'm channeling Lana del Ray! 


Lana del Ray is one of my celebrity style icons. I love how she invokes retro glamour, but is still very cutting edge. Like Lana, I have an appreciation for vintage inspired glamour, red lipstick, and floppy hats!


Thrifted items; dress: Webster Miami for Target $7.99 (Goodwill,) cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft $7.99 (Goodwill,) purse: Etienne Aigner $6.99 (Goodwill,) flats: Sam Edelman $3.99 (Value Village.) Non-thrifted items; gold bracelet: Zara $16, sunglasses: Sperry Top Sider $30 (Nordstrom Rack,) hat: $9.99 (Fred Meyer,) necklace: Curfew: 5.99 (Fred Meyer.)


I absolutely love these Sam Edelman flats. I picked them up for the unbelievable low price of just $3.99 at Value Village! Talk about chic for cheap! They look good with just about everything from jeans to a dress like this. Style tip: pointy flats look good with everything, and instantly add a touch of chic to any ensemble. 


Nothing like a good book to read on a sunny day! If you like fashion and have an appreciation for people's eclectic collections and flea market treasures, then this is the book for you. Todd Selby is an amazing photographer and blogger who takes you inside the home of some of the world's most interesting people.


Gasworks Park is easily one of my favorite parks in the whole city because of the 360 degree panoramic views. No matter where you are in the park you will get a great view, and there is undoubtedly always something to see.


Gasworks is a beautiful place to view the Seattle skyline.


It's also a fun place to watch boats on Lake Union. In fact, every Tuesday there is a weekly regatta (boat race) which is quite the sight if you've never seen one before. 



If you like kite flying, then check out kite hill where you'll get a great view of the whole park and one of the best 360 degree views of the city. Well, adieu for now my friends, but please stop by again soon. I hope that you too find your own ray of sunshine when thrift shopping. Remember, you don't have to spend a lot of money to look like a million bucks. Happy Thursday! 
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment