Sunday, May 11, 2014

Two Nautical's Don't Make A Right


E here, if you haven't already guessed by the title of this post, this is a nautical themed outfit. [I'm obsessed with everything nautical.] However as the title suggests, two nautical's don't make a right. As much as I love the nautical look, I tried not to overdo it too much. Since the tank is a solid nautical print, I didn't want to add too many nautical themed accessories. Instead, I opted for simple accessories; gold anchor studs, a beaded rope necklace, and my favorite sunnies. I mean Sperry Top Sider is about as nautical and preppy as you can get!



Whenever you're putting together a themed ensemble you want to try and create a focal point that ties the whole look together. Here the nautical print served as the base for the outfit, so I just added accessories that that would compliment the overall look. 


I picked up these cute anchor earrings at Forever 21 for just $3.50! The best part about it was that they were part of three pack of nautical themed earrings so I really got my value for my money.



The final touch for this look was the rope sandals. Don't they just scream nautical?!



Thrifted items; nautical tank: H.I.P. $7.99 (Crossroads Trading Co,) navy sweater: JCrew $9.99 (Goodwill.) Non-thrifted items; jeans: JCPenny's $25, sandals: Curfew $9.99 (Fred Meyer,) beaded necklace: GNW $5.99 (Fred Meyer,) aviators: Sperry Top Sider $30 (Nordstrom Rack.) 


The great thing about Seattle is that there are so many different marinas and beaches to choose from.
  This particular spot is one of my favorite places to hang out in the summer because of the great view of downtown, Puget Sound, and Mt. Rainier.


On a bright and sunny day like this you can see Mt. Rainier in the distance.


The perfect end to this lovely spring day was the sunset. Talk about picturesque! Until next time. Happy Sunday! 
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment