Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Thrift Finds: Retro Charm


E here, I picked up this adorable little number for just $7.99 at Goodwill the other day. Funny story; my husband came in and asked "where did that come from?" I replied that "I just bought it at Goodwill today. Isn't it darling?" Of course my husband, (being the man that he is,) remarked that it looks like something that you would see someone in Florida wearing." I didn't know if I should take this as a compliment, or as a playful jab. That's the thing though, fashion is a means of personal expression and others might not always get it. After all, you know how guys are! Mine isn't exactly the most stylish. [Sorry honey but it's true!]


What I love about this dress is the retro charm. There's something about the whimsical tropical print that just caught my eye. It immediately stood out to me on the rack. For me, thrifting is like treasure hunting. I look for things that are unique, and that stand out. 


Take this dress for example, I absolutely love the detailed print. Its fun yet flirty, making it the perfect summer dress. That's the beauty of thrifting, you never know what great pieces you might stumble upon. 


Doesn't the purse go with the dress just perfectly? That was my first thought as soon as I saw it. In true blogger form, I was already planning outfits in my head!


I normally don't go for small bags, but its always good to have a purse in every shape and size for any occasion. This one will be perfect for travel and those days when I just don't feel like lugging a big, heavy bag around.  [I feel like this is a problem that all stylish females struggle with! style versus practicality.....size versus versatility, etc.]


That's the beauty of thrift shopping, you can walk away with several purses (designer even) for relatively cheap. I've built up quite a collection of wallets, clutches, and purses over the years from great brands such as Coach, Betsey Johnson, Dooney and Bourke, Kate Spade, just to name a few. Well that's all the time we have for today. Happy thrifting!
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment