Friday, May 16, 2014

Going Green!


E here, today's outfit was inspired by the bold, lively colors of spring. I love walking out of the house and seeing all of the lush greens, reds, yellows, oranges, pinks, etc. as plants and flowers start coming alive. Like mother nature, my wardrobe is gradually lightening up and beginning to bloom. After all, what better way to dive into spring then with a bold pop of color?



. You might recognize the top that I'm wearing from my latest thrift haul. It was brand new when I bought it. As I mentioned in the thrift haul, you can find a lot brand new items that are donated by stores like Target and Old Navy. This particular piece was part of an exclusive collection that Philip Lim did with Target.



I love this top because it looks very sophisticated. The detailed beading on the collar gives the top a little extra sparkle, and ultimately makes it look more expensive than it actually is. After all, who doesn't love a little extra sparkle? Plus, the great thing about black is that it goes with everything. Black is flattering on virtually every body type. In addition to having a LBD (little black dress,) it doesn't hurt to also have a LBT (little black top) in your closet!



Thrifted items; black peplum top: Philip Lim for Target $4.99 (Goodwill,) green trench coat: Calvin Klein $29.99 (Goodwill,) jeans: Else $9.99 (Goodwill,) flats: Tahari $9.99 (Goodwill.) Non-thrifted items; Ella James $7.99 (Fred Meyer.)



As I've stated in the past, you can find gems like these adorable flats at the thrift store.They were practically brand new when I bought them. You just have to keep an eye out constantly, and you too will find some great pieces.Well that's all for today. Happy thrifting!See you next time!
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment