Sunday, November 17, 2013

Leaves Are Falling.....

 
 
 E here, it's been awhile since my last post. I work in retail management, and with the holidays approaching its one of the busiest times of the year for me. I will post as much as I can in the coming weeks. For this photo session, we went to one of my favorite local Seattle parks - Discovery Park in Magnolia.  I hope you enjoy my photos.

 
Thrifted items; trench coat: Banana Republic $10, stripe shirt: Ann Taylor $7.99. Non-thrifted; scarf: d&y $5.00 Fred Meyer, globe ring: Curfew $3 Fred Meyer (not visible in this picture,)  jeans: JCPenny's $20, sunglasses: Sperry's $30 (Nordstrom Rack,) rain boots: Hunter Nordstrom (gifted.)
 
 
 
 
 The colors of the leaves were so vibrant today that it appeared brighter for being such a grey and drab morning. It was simply stunning walking through the park and admiring all of the beauty that fall brings to the park. This is by far one of the best parks in the Seattle area to visit because of the diversity of trails, picnic areas, beach access, and of course for walking those furry friends. There is so much to see and do all year long.
 
 
The best part about owning Hunters? They go with practically anything, and they add a particular touch of sophistication and style to any outfit. You can pair them with jeans, skirts, or wear them with a dress and tights/leggings on a cold and rainy day. Personally, I love to wear them with jeans and a trench coat. It tends to be pretty windy where I live because of my proximity to the water, so they are a must have. Especially during these rainy months!   
 
 
Another added bonus? They are very comfortable. However if you have athletic calves like me, trying to wear boot socks with them on top of jeans/leggings does not work too well. If this is the case for you, I recommend purchasing the "Huntress" variation of sizing (wide calf) which I am wearing. They look exactly the same and are available at most retailers such as Nordstrom's, Macy's, etc. along with the regular width Hunters. They come in a wide variety of colors but I prefer black because it goes with everything and will not show dirt nearly as much as the brighter colors.
 
 
Located at one of the highest areas of the park, the chapel is an iconic landmark visible from many of the walking trails down below.
 
 
 
 
 
I really love the rustic beauty of this old chapel. I can only imagine what it must have been like back in the day. It has a lot of charm and character, and is one of my favorite places to visit in the park.
 

This area overlooks the rolling hills that face out over the Puget Sound. In the summertime this part of the park is popular for flying kites, and also serves as the perfect site for having picnics and sunbathing with a good book.
 
 
 
One of the many things that I love about this park besides the majestic view of the Puget Sound, is the natural scenery. Sometimes when strolling through the fields, forest, or trails, you can spot a rabbit in brush such as this.
 


That's all for now. I will try to blog more this week, assuming my busy work schedule will allow me the time! Happy Sunday!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment