Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Touch of Audrey: Breakfast At Tiffany's Reinvented

 
 
 
 
E here, today's post was particularly fun to do because of the theme of my outfit. Ever since I discovered a Breakfast at Tiffany's shirt for $5 on a clearance rack at Target last week I was excited. Anyone that knows me can tell you that I adore Audrey Hepburn. I have seen every single Audrey Hepburn movie ever made, and Breakfast at Tiffany's and My Fair Lady are in a close tie for my favorite. However in the end, I have to say that Breakfast at Tiffany's wins. The heartbreaking story of a country girl's transformation into a swanky Manhattan socialite is so compelling.
 
[Image: EW.com]
 
 Perhaps my favorite scene in the entire movie is when Holly is sitting on the fire escape singing Moon River and playing a ukulele. Throughout the movie Holly looks very glamorous, but in this particular scene she still looks sophisticated in just jeans, flats, a sweatshirt, and a bandana. From that moment on I wanted to be just like Audrey Hepburn! She always looked so effortlessly chic and sophisticated, but still managed to retain her own unique look and style.
 

 
Thrifted items; trench: Banana Republic $10. Non-thrifted; shirt: Target $5, skirt: Joe B $10 (Fred Meyer,) boot socks: Fred Meyer $6, boots: Madden Girl $25 (Fred Meyer,) ring: Curfew $5 (Fred Meyer,) pearl necklace: vintage (borrowed.)
                 
 
I thought the bow ring really added to the outfit. For just $5 the ring added sparkle and a pop of color. You don't need a lot of accessories, but rather pieces that add  just the right polish and glam factor.
 
 
I had to have my picture taken in front of Tiffany's of course!
Well that's all for now. Until next time. Happy Wednesday!
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment