Friday, November 22, 2013

Rainy Day Afternoon

 
 
E here. Another rainy Seattle afternoon. What did I spend it doing? Shopping of course! For once I didn't head to the thrift stores, instead I went to the mall with a friend to browse the latest trends and brainstorm for Christmas gift ideas. Tip: when going to the mall this time of year it is best to go early, and on the weekdays when it is less crowded. Not looking to spend a lot of money? Check the store ads for any coupons and promotional events. Most sales ads tend to run weekly, and during the holidays there are usually several coupons and doorbuster sales. Always make sure to check coupons and sales for exclusions and expiration dates.
 
 
 
Thrifted items; trench coat: Tommy Hilfiger $10, sweater: Mossimo $6, leopard loafers: MIA $7. Non-thrifted items; scarf: D&Y $5 (Fred Meyer,) jeans: Levi's $30 (JCPenny's,) purse: Dooney & Bourke (gifted.) 
 
 
I'm wearing my newly thrifted leopard print loafers that I picked up the other day. How much? I snagged them for just $7! I tend to have pretty good luck finding trendy name brand items at the Goodwill by my house. The trick with thrifting shoes is to check for any visible damage i.e. - ripping, snagging, holes, etc. Once you get them home, all you need to do is take some form of cleaner whether it be Lysol, foot powder (anything that would clean out the use/odor of the last owner.)
 
 
The idea of wearing shoes that belonged to someone else makes some people cringe, but for me I see it as a bargain. After all, if you take the time to clean them properly you can score shoes for as low as $5. Yes, I have thrifted shoes that cheap! I won't guarantee that every time you step into a thrift store you will find items in your size, but that's how thrifting works. Its hit or miss most of the time. Want more tips for thrifting? Check out my thrift page.
 
 
 
 
That's all for today. Please stop by again soon.
Until next time friends.
-E
 

No comments:

Post a Comment