Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My First Post: Cheers to Reinvention!

 
 
E here, I am happy to announce that this is my first official blog post! I've been wanting to create a blog for quite some time now since one of my best friends Sara has her own life and style blog. Like me, she is quite the savvy thrifter and we have spent many days (countless hours) at Goodwill, Value Village, Buffalo Exchange,  estate sales, etc. searching for thrifted treasures. After all, that's what friends are for right?
 
 
Speaking of our thrifting adventures, both of us are appropriately wearing our fabulous finds from the 30th annual glitter sale that the local Seattle area Goodwill hosts. Every year in November, Goodwill sets aside designer clothing, shoes, handbags, and other accessories that are sparkly and glamorous for the event. The best thing about the event is that all the proceeds from the sale go to the job training and education programs so you won't think twice about leaving with several bags of designer items!
 
 
*All of the items I'm wearing are thrifted except for my sunglasses.
 
Thrifted items; Vest: K-I-K-I-T $13.99 (Goodwill,) denim shirt: Calson $1.29 (Goodwill,) skirt: Forever 21 $7.99 (Crossroads Trading Co,) boots: Emiko Kamishima $27 (Buffalo Exchange.) Non-thrifted items; sunglasses: Sperry $30 (Nordstrom Rack.)  
 
 
Sara is wearing the Juicy Couture loafers she got at the sale.
 
Below is the link to her blog the Blonde Squad, check it out if you have time.

 
 

Tip: If you decide to check out the glitter sale next year I recommend going on Sunday because Saturday tends to be crazy. The sale lasts from 9AM-6PM, but you need to get in line early to get your number as it is your pass to get inside, as well as your jewelry counter number. My husband and I got there about 10 minutes before it opened and we were number 223/224!
 

This year I was on a mission to find fur jackets/vests (faux or real,) and handbags. I ended up scoring a faux fur vest $13.99, a leather and fur jacket $34.99, a Kate Spade purse $12.99, and a pair of silver BCBG loafers $5.99.
 

 
 
Well that's all for now. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you come back and visit soon.
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment