Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Blogmas!

 
 
Merry Blogmas!
E here, I hope that you have been enjoying the holidays as much as I have. Its been a busy couple of weeks for me, but it has all been worth it. Working in retail, I know better than anyone how easy it is to get caught up in the pre-holiday madness. I know that I haven't been the best blogger lately, but I plan to make up for all the lost time. Now that the craziest time of the year in retail is over you can expect to see more of me!
 
 
I was feeling very spirited today so I decided to pair bold red tights and stripes for the ultimate festive look. I don't typically wear red lipstick unless its a special occasion, so today was just the right day for it. When wearing such bold lipstick you don't want to overdo it, so I went for a more natural look. Per my husband's suggestion, I wore my hair in a side braid with a sparkly headband for extra glitz. This time of year its really fun to dress up and add sparkly accessories for a fun, glam look. If sparkle is just not your thing, you can always add chunky statement jewelry or hair accessories for extra oomph.
 
 
Thrifted items; striped tank: Cyrus $4.99 (Goodwill,) black heels: Unlisted $5.99 (Goodwill.) Non-thrifted items; jacket: Self Esteem $15 (Fred Meyer,) skirt: Joe B $10 (Fred Meyer,) red tights: Legale $4.00 (Fred Meyer,) bow ring: Curfew $5 (Fred Meyer.) My lipstick, "Jet Set red."
 
 
As I've mentioned before in previous posts, color really adds extra pizazz to an outfit. I don't personally own a lot of red clothes besides my beloved trench coat, but I wanted to be festive today. Colored tights are a fun and great way to add a pop of color to any outfit. Lately I've noticed a lot of women wearing mustard colored tights, but unfortunately that color washes me out. My advice - if your planning on trying colored tights, pick a color that compliments your skin tone/complexion and  hair color. Take me for instance, I have dark hair, so bright hues tend to look the best on me because they contrast with my hair. If you have lighter colored hair, cool colors will look great against your hair.
 
 
That's all for now. I hope you had a great Christmas with your friends and family. Eat, drink, and be merry! See you next time!
-E
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment