Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Trending Right Now: Birchbox

E here, by now I'm sure that you've seen ads all over Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, blogs, and other forms of social media about Birchbox. The recent "box craze" as I call it, appears to be rampant all over the internet. It seems like everywhere you look there's an advertisement about "Birchbox," "Naturebox," or "Barkbox" (I find this hysterical! But who am I to judge, I mean pets have to keep up with the latest trends right?) My point is, there has been a flurry of advertisements lately emphasizing these specialized boxes. If you are trendy and into beauty products there is a box for you! Maybe beauty isn't your thing, perhaps you are a techie, not to fear there is a box for you! Get the idea? 
 
 
[Pictured Above in November Box; Atelier Vanilla Cologne sample spritzer, TOCCA Crema de Mano hand lotion in grapefruit-cucumber (my favorite item in the box,) 3 samplers of Ahmad teas, POP beauty Aqua lacquer, and Aloxxi firm hold hairspray.]



For quite some time now, I have seen people instagramming their monthly boxes on Facebook. I get InStyle every month, and I had read about it there as well. Finally I figured that for $10 a month I would give it a try, seeing as $10 wasn't really going to put me out by much if I didn't like it. Two boxes later I'm addicted! As soon as the beginning of the month approaches I am a giddy child again waiting for my gifts to arrive! What I like most about Birchbox is that you can customize your samples to your complexion and beauty preferences, so that you always receive product samples that you like and can use on your specific skin type. With the holidays approaching, Birchbox is a great gift idea affordable to almost any budget. You can choose the number of months to gift as a subscription.


Birchbox also offers special limited edition boxes like the "snow day" box complete with games and hot cocoa. Or, for that special beauty diva, you can upgrade to the "sparkle and shine" subscription which offers more luxurious high end samples of beauty and hair products. Personally, I like the original Birchbox. You get a lot for $10! Besides, if you don't absolutely love a product no big deal, you can always give it to a friend right? So far, I've been happy with my samples, (so much so that I already drank all the tea samples!) Whether you decide to opt for a trial run for yourself, or spread the love with friends and family, I give Birchbox my seal of approval. Well that's all for today. Ta, tah for now! 
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment