Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Making A Blaze Into 2014

 
 
 
 
E here, as we get closer to the final countdown to the new year this will be my last post of 2013! I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog so far, I promise to be a better blogger in the new year. As for today's outfit, I went for something simple yet chic. Blazers make any outfit look chic, whether paired with jeans and a white shirt, or belted over a dress. Here, I added a belt and necklace to top off the outfit. The great thing about accessorizing is that it polishes off any outfit. The trick is not to go too overboard. I tried to pick accessories that complimented the colors and pattern of the blouse and the fit of the blazer.
 
 
 When looking at blazers and trying to pick the right one for you keep in mind the shoulders (shoulder pads,) length of the sleeves, and overall tailoring. Once you figure out the right fit for your body type layering becomes a cinch. Women's blazers are typically very fitted, so I like to look in the men's section. In this case, I scored the blazer in the women's section for really cheap. My favorite detail of the blazer is the inner lining of the sleeves which are pinstriped and look great when rolled up. If blazers just don't work for you, you can still create polished layered looks with accessories.
 
 
 Thrifted items; blazer: Merona $5.99
 (Value Village,) blouse: Mac & Jac $4.99 (Goodwill,) boots: Steve Madden $22.50 (Crossroads Trading Co,) cardigan: Banana Republic $7.99 (Goodwill.) Non-thrifted items; jeans: JCPenny's $25, necklace: Charlotte Russe $5.


 
That's all for today. Check back soon for New Years photos. Hope you and yours have a great NYE. Cheers to my first year of reinvention, and many more to come!
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment